11 March 2008

What's up with del.icio.us? (some features to improve the service)

As you have noticed, lately I am concerned with the web2.o bubble to explode. I am a Del.icio.us user from the very beginning and I appreciate the usefulness of its service. Although there are some strange signals that scares me:

  1. There is no evidence of improvement or new features. So, what are they doing in the office?
  2. I cannot see a business model in the service. I thought they would launch a premium version, but no new in that sense.
  3. They are not refer in the most web2.0 reference publications (techcrunch). Of course that is not a real signal, but it adds up to the other.

Since I am worried for the fact that some day it may come up they close down the service, I am starting to back up all my bookmarks.

I launch some recommendation on features to the outer space so if there is live in Del.icio.us planet they may hear it:
  • Instant messaging tool to chat with other delicious users online
  • Export/import tool
  • Drag and drop bundle tool

No comments: